Euphoria, Hamilton Island to Sydney

Position Report and other info UTC (+10 Hrs Sydney Time)

Cut and paste the GPS location below into Google earth, you can place mark This position and follow our Progress. Satellite Phone / SMS no. +61 405 592 606

If not seeing updates check you are on this page Satellite updates Here

Monday, 19 September 2022, 0415 Hrs

Arrived RSYS, Thank you very much to the team, Dinah, Jan and Gillian. At total of 1022 Nm

Sunday, 18 September 2022, 1300 Hrs

32 58 S, 151 54 E, 7 NM SE of Newcastle. Successfully closed the coast a little bit however  Currently we are seeing 22-35 Kts from the west. All wind warnings were cancelled for the 4 am forecast so who knows where this stuff is is coming from? Anyway looking like a very late arrival, probably still going to be early morning however.

1000 Hrs

32 50 S, 152 03 E, Just entered Stockton Bight near Stockton Beach. Under engine trying to stay close to the Coast for less wind and waves predicted for offshore.

Saturday, 17 September 2022, 1000 Hrs

31 19 S, 155 02 E. NE of Port Macquarie (8 Nm). Currently motor-sailing again as the wind dropped out yesterday afternoon despite strong wind warnings all around. There are still warnings of strong wind (15-25 Kts) all the way to Sydney but will see as time progresses. Exact ETA is still too hard to predict given the accuracy of the current forecasts but most likely Monday Morning. All is fine.

Friday, 16 September 2022, 1000 Hrs

29 17 S153 32 E, Around 10 Nm NE of Yamba. Have had a fast 24 hour run to here with an average of over 7 Kts boat speed. The wind gusted up over 30 Kts at times from the North giving a few exhilarating downwind wave rides but Euphoria handled it very well. The crew was very excited with the display the Whales put on for us yesterday off Cape Morton. ETA could be Sunday now depending on the next few days of weather conditions. All is going well

Thursday, 15 September 2022, 1015 Hrs

Leaving Mooloolaba, weather looks great (Northerlies going West) over the next few days so we are expecting a Monday morning ETA at this stage. Sydney here we come.

Monday, 12 September 2022, 0500 Hrs

Mooloolaba Marina, Time for some sleep after a celebratory drink! Will be topping up supplies and fuel whilst a southerly blows through. Weather is looking good for a Thursday morning start for the second half of the trip. Will update before leaving.

Sunday, 11 September 2022, 1200 Hrs

25 46 S, 153 17 E, Currently off Double Island Point with only 50 Nm to Mooloolaba. The wind is variable however so its slow going with us now on our fuel reserves. So its sailing as much as possible and hoping to be arriving with a good tide otherwise we will be waiting until its on the rise again in the early morning. Back again in phone reception and doing fine.

Saturday, 10 September 2022, 1200 Hrs

25 06 S, 153 05 E, Just 15 Nm from the “Breaksea Spit, which is 20 Nm from the Northern most tip of Fraser Island. From there we will start getting intermittent internet and phone coverage and the AIS should start updating more regularly. A nice hot sunny day with light NW to W winds. Currently motor-sailing with the headsail up but expecting variable winds all the way to Mooloolaba.

Friday, 9 September 2022, 1200 Hrs

22 33 S, 151 30 E, It feels like the middle of nowhere but we are around 40 Nm due east of Port Clinton. Currently in variable winds so at least not being slowed by any headwinds. Still at least 36 hrs until everyone’s phones start to “ping” with any incoming messages. The only thing to worry about is who is cooking tonight and what will we be eating. Last night was Pork Casserole al la Newland.

Thursday, 8 September 2022, 1100 Hrs

21 05 S, 150 00 E, Slow going at the moment as currently motoring SE into a light SE wind. Around 45 Nm due East of Mackay but lovely weather. It will probably be 2-3 days before we have phone reception again which should be part way down the outside of Fraser Island. All going fine.

Wednesday, 7 September 2022 1500 Hrs

20 24 S, 148 56 E Just South of Dent and Hamilton Island. We are expecting to be out of internet and AIS range in a few hours for perhaps several days. Updates will be posted daily on this site via the Sat elite phone in the meantime. All is well

1045 Hrs, Leaving Coral Sea Marina, Airlie Beach

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.